It has always been assumed that at some point in my life I would birth a child, but I never expected the journey to be as rewarding as it has been. Of course, once you take on the role of being Super-mom, it’s inevitable that it’s not exactly going to be the easiest job, but it’s all worth it. However, becoming a mom doesn’t mean that your sense of style goes out the window. Let’s face it, you can still be hot and a mom. There’s no rules to this.
My five tips for how to be a stylish mom are:
1) Opt for a chic oversized bag rather than a diaper bag
2) Wear clothing that flatters your body type, rather than elastic waisted mom jeans and sweatshirts
3) A little black dress can go a long way
4) Add bold statement jewelry to a basic white tee and skinny jeans for a polished look
5) If you are wearing minimal makeup, try a bold lip for a pop of color
Although bouncing around in workout clothes all day is fun and all, I enjoy the aspect of putting together a polished look to make grocery store runs (because who doesn’t shop at Whole Foods in embellished heels?). Don’t get me wrong, I definitely have my off-duty mom days, but it’s not an everyday cycle. And being a Miami-based fashion blogger / mama, crop tops are still part of my sartorial elegance, whether anybody likes them or not. In 90-degree weather, I enjoy breathing.
My three-year-old son, Taejin, also lives in sleeveless shirts and denim shorts regularly. He also has a continuous addiction to hats, lots of hats, and Ray Bans.
What Taejin’s rocking:
Hat by H&M
Shirt by American Apparel
Shorts by H&M
Shoes by Nike
Sunglasses by Ray Ban
What I’m rocking:
Top by HMS
Pants by H&M
Shoes by ZARA
Get the look: