“I’m sharing one of my favorite breakfast nibbles…Strawberry Nutella French Toast Stack.”
One of my decadent pleasures is chocolate and strawberries. Although dark chocolate is my typical go-to since it’s packed with antioxidants, Nutella is second best. Yes, it may come with some fats and sugar, but I believe everything is acceptable in moderation when it comes to living a healthy life. Strawberries boost immunity, promote eye health, and surprisingly keeps wrinkles at bay. I’m all over recipes that keep me full throughout the morning and don’t sacrifice the body, so I’m sharing one of my favorite breakfast nibbles…Strawberry Nutella French Toast Stack.
What you’ll need:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk (coconut milk, or skim milk)
- 3 slices of bread (I’m using Nature’s Own 40-calorie bread)
- 2 Tbsp of Nutella
- 4-6 strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- Whipped topping
- Pinch of cinnamon
1. First, you will need to combine the egg whites, milk, and cinnamon together in a flat dish.
2. Next, grab a cookie cutter or large glass to cut off the crust of your bread.
3. Dip each piece of bread into the egg/milk mixture until well coated.
4. Place the battered bread into a large pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray, over medium heat until lightly golden on each side.
5. Remove the french toast from pan and begin placing one slice on a plate. Add a thin layer of Nutella (or a whole glob if you’re so inclined)
6. Add a layer of sliced strawberries on top of the french toast slice, and repeat this process until all of the bread has been stacked.
7. Put a generous amount of whipped topping for garnish, along with a strawberry slice.
Devour it up! Simple, and delicious.
Check out my Instagram @StyleByLynsee for more food photos!